DNS Hip & Shoulder
DNS Skill Class with Focus on Hip and Shoulder Girdle
*Pre-requisite: DNS Exercise 2 or DNS B
*this will be a 2-day course focused on pathology, pathomechanics, kinesiology, and DNS approach to rehabilitation of the hip and shoulder.
Hip & Shoulder
This course is designed for experienced DNS therapists who want to better integrate DNS principles into their practice. This is an advanced course. As such, basic DNS principles will be reviewed and built upon. Brett Winchester and Michael Maxwell will all be teaching the course, so be ready to get a nice variety of application of DNS to assessment and treatment of the shoulder. As with all DNS classes, this course will involve a combination of lecture and hands-on workshop.
In this course the instructors will cover:
- Biomechanics of the shoulder
- Functional assessment of the shoulder according to DNS
- Active exercises based in developmental kinesiology
- Application of DNS to the throwing/overhead athlete
- Developmental aspects: shoulder girdle functional stereotypes from developmental kinesiology perspective
- DNS functional tests for shoulder girdle
- Frozen shoulder, shoulder impingement
- Mobilization techniques for shoulder girdle
- Soft tissue techniques
- Training of body awareness of respiration
- Thorax and shoulder girdle centration in various developmental positions, facilitation of shoulder girdle muscle co-activation.
- Manual assisted movement.
- Functional stretching for shoulder girdle and upper extremity
- DNS corrective exercise for shoulder girdle stabilization
- DNS assessment and treatment for foot and hip centration
- Manual techniques to mobilize foot, hip and low back and to treat trigger points Foot and hip biomechanics from the developmental perspective; stepping forward, supporting function, foot and hip function during gait cycle
- Application of DNS based treatment techniques
- Patient’s education, self-treatment techniques
Approximate times. Please do not use for travel planning purposes.
Ready to Register? Start Here
Purchase a seat in the course from DNS Rehab Canada below:
DNS – Hip & Shoulder – Toronto 2022
Each DNS course participant must pay a small fee (80 Euros) to the Prague School of Rehab, the originators and proprietors of all things DNS. Click on this Button to go the Prague School Website and pay your Prague School Fee (80 Euros):
(scroll to the very bottom of the linked page)